Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Nursery and Primary School
Grantham Road, Southport PR8 4LT
Headteacher required for September 2021
Salary Range L18 – L24
£64,142 - £74,294
WANTED A HEADTEACHER!! Our Children Need You!
Are you an inspirational, experienced and motivational leader, with great communication skills and a good sense of humour?
Do you have the drive and skills to be our Headteacher?
Our children have told us they would like a Headteacher who puts the children first, is approachable and listens, is reliable, Eco-friendly, creative, patient, dependable, understands that we all have a voice, who is passionate about the school and wants to make it the best it can be, is responsible (as it is a big job), has a nice attitude to the job so that when they come to school they raise our spirits.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint a practising Catholic, who possesses the vision and dedication required to lead our inclusive school which has its own nursery and ASD unit. Our long serving Headteacher has retired and we are looking for her successor. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic leader, who is willing to engage with our committed staff, enthusiastic children and supportive parents, who will promote the school in the community, and embody our Mission to ‘Live, Love, Learn.’
We are looking for a practising Catholic:
• who is committed to education steeped in Christian values and beliefs and is able to engage with the Catholic community, locally and beyond.
• who is a leader with excellent communication skills.
• who has the strategic vision to move our school from strength to strength.
• who models the high achievement and exemplary behaviour we expect from our staff and children.
• who is enthused to work within an inclusive environment, which provides a broad and rich curriculum for every pupil.
• who is a clear thinker able to plan ahead and delegate appropriately; yet is not afraid to be hands on.
In return we can offer you:
• a welcoming community of enthusiastic and friendly children, who are keen to learn.
• the opportunity to lead a team of experienced, dedicated, hard working and friendly staff.
• a Governing Body and parents who are committed and will support you.
• a vibrant and encouraging environment for learning that is underpinned by a strong Catholic
• a commitment to supporting ongoing professional development that will benefit the whole school.
We are committed to the welfare of the children in our care and we expect all staff to share our commitment to safeguarding. That is why we follow safer recruitment practices and why appointments are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance and references.
We warmly encourage applicants to visit the school. Please contact our Business Manager, Suzannah Dykes 01704 568375.
The Application Pack can be downloaded from the school webpage: www.ololprimary.org.uk
Applications will only be accepted on the CESEW form which should be returned to the school by 12 Noon on Monday 15th March 2021.
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 18th March and the Interviews will be held on 15th and 16th April 2021.